Removing the Finger Guard
The Finger Guard on both the Roller Plus and Roller II products are easily removed by unscrewing the guard retaining screws with a Philips cross head screwdriver.
Attaching to a Desk or Tray
Two M4 fixing captive nuts are supplied on the base of the unit.
It is important that that the joystick is not deflected for a nominal 5 seconds during power-up, as this can cause the cursor to be mis-aligned and result in cursor drift.
Trackball or Joystick goes into Sleep Mode
Windows XP tries to disable any USB devices that have not been working for a given period of time. This is a power saving device. The visible effect of this is that the cursor will not move. To get the unit working again press any key on the trackball or joystick. The joystick should not be deflected during this re-booting period.
It has been known for USB devices failing to wake up. To fix this problem the following steps should be taken:-
- Click Start and right-click My Computer.
- Click Properties, then click Hardware.
- Click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Universal Serial Bus Controllers branch to expand it.
- Right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
- Click Power Management.
- De-select the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
- Click OK, and close Device Manager.
Many thanks to Bill and Michelle Stader for this information.